Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stream of Consciousness

SONG OF THE DAY: Say Woah- A-Trak

Good evening folks,

Due to the fact that I have nothing to rant on- besides hipsters, but that rant is for another day- I'm going to experiment with the formatting today, and try a stream of consciousness blog. Everything I think about for the next few minutes while procrastinating on my sociology (still a bunk class) paper will be recorded. Naturally, images will be added after the process has completed, so as to give you grins and giggles.

Grins and giggles.

Ready...

GO.

This Starbucks Doubleshot isn't really a very powerful energy drink. I mean, sure, I can feel the caffeine hitting me a bit, because everything's in that weird super-contrasted level of existence that only happens when you have a proper amount of stimulants in your blood stream. Sadly though, it's fading; time for another swig of this lovely legal drug. It's like meth, except legal, and not deadly.

I Googled "meth addict," and this was the least offensive image I got. Enjoy!

Ugh that sounded gross; when I took a sip it made this weird FRRRRRT sound. I hope no one thinks I farted, the basement at Rivera Library is damn quiet. Looking around, looking around, nope, no one's looking.

It didn't sound like that.

There's an awful weird old dude kinda floating around wearing a baseball hat though, he's creeping me out a bit. I vaguely suspect he's library staff because he's looking at everyone, but... maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I may never know. Speaking of things I might never know about, I kept thinking someone was taking pictures in here, but it's really a lightbulb that's out near the Microform section. That lightbulb should NOT be flickery man, not when we pay tens of thousands of dollars in tuition so Mark Yudof can bathe in our money!


Shut the fuck up, Yudof.

Ahhhhh, Doubleshot really IS the panacea of the gods. It isn't helping my neckache though... I just cracked it like mad. Speaking of which, the eternally stiff neck I've had since my one year of drumline makes it impossible for the health clinic to tell whether or not I may have had/meningitis while I had swine flu; my neck's ALWAYS stiff, so there's no way to tell. Yes, I had swine flu. No, it wasn't as bad as everyone said it was. Anyone that complains about it, says that shit is any more dangerous than regular flu, or otherwise blows it out of proportion can kiss my ass, to be frank. It wasn't that bad.

Pic very much related.

Shoot it's almost 6 PM, and that's when I told myself I was going to start writing for SURE. I've been sitting here for close on 40 minutes now, doing absolutely nothing but checking Facebook, drinking Doubleshot, eating Gobstoppers (which are the best candy ever, just F.Y.I.), and in general being totally unproductive. Shame I can't get JSTOR in my apartment... that's the peril of living off-campus, I suppose.

He didn't use JSTOR. Then again, he's also a fictional character.

Anyway, tonight's shaping up to be a boring Thursday; no partying, no drinking, just a club meeting, then some studying at Starbucks, then perhaps some MW2 at someone else's house, and then perhaps some HON. My life is boring... but hey, work tomorrow ought to cheer things up, right? With that, the belltower has just started chiming six, so the post is now over. Be easy, world.

The UCR Belltower: if only it looked this good in real life.

Best,
Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment